Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Life Well Lived

Today I received a phone call from one of my grandfathers and I found out that my grandmother passed away earlier this morning (she is my grandmother's sister). So many things happened after that phone call... I don't want to get into too many details here...but it was a VERY difficult day for all of us. Of course, we were all there for my grandfather...and he was so strong for all of us today, I know that couldn't have been easy for him. He held his own, even when the rest of us broke down. The next couple of days will be just as difficult...even more so for my grandfather...and my heart goes out to him because I know the road that's ahead of him is not an easy one. My grandmother was...IS his life. I am just so thankful that our family is such a loving and supportive one...and I know that he will get through this with us by his side.

My sister and I were able to go through some old photos of my grandparents. Seeing them as they were back then...I couldn't help but smile. They seemed so full of life and were living it out together (so many traveling pictures!). My sister and I were put in charge of making the photo montage for the viewing later this week...and what a beautiful montage it will be :)

Sighhh...I feel like I have cried out all of the tears that I could cry out (for today at least)...and now, I'm just left with a stuffy nose and very puffy, red eyes. It's been hard seeing her struggle with her health on and off this past year. As much as I am missing her right now and wishing that she is still here with us...I know she's finally resting peacefully amongst angels. I'd like to think that she's watching over us from heaven...and we will keep her in our hearts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment