Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Revival: Viva Bright Light City~ Day 4


Summer 2011 Road Trip - Arizona & Las Vegas, Nevada
Dates: June 16-20, 2011
[Post 4 of 4]

Last Summer, we road tripped it out to Arizona and Nevada...well, for the most part. We took a quick plane ride from San Diego to Phoenix (just to maximize the time we had out here).  I have never been to the Grand Canyon, but I've always wanted to go. So, we (me, my sister Charlene, Enrique & my cousin Alee) decided to go. Our road trip itinerary? It's a doozy, but we drove from Phoenix --> Jerome --> Flagstaff --> Campe Verde --> Sedona -->Williams to see the Grand Canyon --> Flagstaff --> Las Vegas by way of old Route 66! 

I took SO many photos...so this is going to be a pretty long post! With that being said, I'm going to break up this post into 4 different parts- highlighting what we did for each day of our road trip/vacation. Here we go with Day 4 and our final day of our trip!


{Location: Las Vegas, Nevada}
Quick Vegas trip to visit our friend, Jen. We intended on checking out Hoover Dam while we were here...but simply just didn't have enough time.


[The Infamous Vegas Sign]

[Serendiptiy 3]
Started off our day with some lunch at Serendipity 3 at Caesar's Palace. This was my first time here and I am officially a fan of their food! SO GOOD! I seriously wanted to order everything.  
{Love} I ordered the "Wake Up Call" drink. Mmmm :)

{Love}
I ordered the High Heel Stiletto Sandwich (prosciutto, arugula, mozzarella & tomato). It comes with sweet potato fries too!


[Bellagio Hotel Gardens]
Their Summer 2011 set up was gorgeous! So many bright & lively colors!


[Fremont Street- Old Las Vegas]
It was our last night in Vegas...so we wanted to "take it old school, 'cause I am an old fool, who's so cool" (hahaha, whomp there it is)! Anyway...I digress...um, the night we went, there were various bands playing 80s rock and pop songs. Awesome awesome night! Great music and great fun with great people :)
{Side Note}
Jen and I were totally contemplating whether or not to do zip lining....it looked SO fun up there. But I was wearing a dress so...there goes the deal breaker.



Fremont Street was SO MUCH FUN. Lots to see and do here! The street performers were interesting to watch as well. We saw impersonators for Prince, KISS, and of course Elvis! It was a great way to end our stay in Vegas ;)

[McCarran Airport]
Adieu Vegas! It was sweet and short, but so much fun. Now on our way back home to San Diego...
{Love} Enrique planking...hahaha :)

All good things must come to an end! SIGH. This was truly an amazing trip! Although it was a fairly short one, it definitely was still one to remember. We did SO many things. Jam-packed all the way...just how I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment