Friday, July 13, 2012

Balboa Island Fun

{Location: Balboa Island in Newport Beach, Ca}

My good friend Jen was in the OC area for her summer break this past 2 weeks. I decided to come up for a few days this week to hang out and spend some time with her (since she lives in Vegas, I don't really get to see her as much). I took her out to see Balboa Island and she loved it!
{Side Note} Lynn opted out for today. She had to do some much needed errands.

How exciting! Hahaha, this was Jen's first time on an auto ferry (my second time). To get to Balboa Island, you need to go across by auto ferry. The fare is not so bad, it's $2.00 per vehicle + driver and then $1.00 for extra adult passengers.

Balboa Island has a nice little boardwalk area with recreational activities, rides and snack shops. Jen and I decided to forego the rides this time around...instead we got ourselves some ice cream and smoothies and just lounged around, catching up with each other. 

We also people watched...that was fun too :)

Afterwards, we strolled down the residential area and admired all of the gorgeous houses (with their own private beaches and docks by the way)...le sigh. 
Wishful thinking, I know...I'm allowed to pretend aren't I? Hahaha...

{Love} That is a cute little tugboat!

We headed the opposite direction towards the pier. What do you know? A minute after we started walking on the pier, the droplets came down. Sigh, our day was cut short due to weather...but that's okay, we still had our fun time here on the island :)

No comments:

Post a Comment