Friday, September 14, 2012

Debutante Notes: A Bit of DIY Flair

I've been slowly working on Renee's centerpieces for her debutante. I have all the materials I need to make the centerpiece- it's just such tedious work to finish one. I'm hand painting all the pillars dark brown, then coating it in crackle medium and then painting it over again with white paint. Afterwards, using old books, I cut out circles, sponge stamp the edges in red ink and then gather them into small florettes (one centerpiece requires 36 florettes to cover the styrofoam ball- with each florette containing 6 circles each). I found that doing this part of the process was TOO time consuming for just one person to do....so I needed to request some help from cousins (which they were happy to help with)!

As a final touch, I added in the Hawaiian flower. 

...8 more to go! Hahaha, it's okay....I got this ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment