Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Wedding Notes: Cordially Invited

The wedding invitations are done and have been sent out! All together now....SIGH. My sister's wedding invites are oh so pretty if I say so myself. Charlene designed all of the elements of the invite- with a little help from me of course. I was able to put in my two cents, here and there ;) These invitations were definitely 100% DIY! Ohhhh the labor of love we put into each one of these...very tedious work indeed :)

End product? A lovely, tranquil prettiness....just the right amount of simplicity with minimal frills, yet it still kinda takes my breath away.

[The Invite]
All designed and envisioned by Charlene herself. Since the overall motif of their wedding falls under the quaint and rustic....she felt that using natural brown card stock and envelopes with a simple font would be just the thing. Organic detailing tied it all together nicely.

[The RSVP's and Details]
With the  RSVPs, Charlene decided to create it as a postcard, with one of their engagement photos printed on the back. We used a scallop pattern punch tool for the detailing above. For the directions and gift info, we hand cut vintage looking design paper into small luggage tags, and held them together with simple beige twine.

Their RSVPs have already started coming in! Some of their guests decided to hold on to the RSVP photo postcard and just email/facebook in their responses. I'm glad their guests are appreciating the "labor of love" that was put into the invites! The process was exhausting....but, of course completely worth it. Plus, I love doing this kind of stuff anyway :)

Moving onward with the decor! SO. ECSTATIC.

Oh and one more thing! I didn't get the chance to post Charlene & Enrique's save the dates back when they were sent in late June. So here they are....in all their DIY glory! Each owl was hand made with patient love :)
{photo courtesy of Josell M. ~my cousin}

No comments:

Post a Comment