Monday, September 17, 2012

Debutante Notes: Sent From My Heart to Yours

The debutante invitations are finally done and have been sent out! We (my cousin Regina & I) finished designing Renee's invitations back in late August. We got everything printed out, DIY'd and assembled. I have to say...I am darn proud of what we accomplished.

[The Invite]
We decided to design and create the invitation as a telegram...reflecting the 1940's naval/pearl harbor theme of the debutante. I wanted it to look and feel like it was sent from the 40's era. I tried searching for paper that would give me such an authenticity, but couldn't really find one that satisfied me! So, my sister Charlene brilliantly suggested to soak regular cream colored card stock paper in coffee and let it hang dry- to give it a worn in, vintage look and feel (also it totally smelled like coffee so that was a plus!). The end product? Success!

[The Court of Honour & Postcard RSVP's]
We designed the following inserts with the help of Wil (Regina's boyfriend) and had these printed out on thicker card stock at a printing company. Again, the look and feel of these reflected the theme- vintage aircraft and naval emblems.

[The Final Touch]
On the back of the postcard, we decided to include a vintage photo of an airplane with the recurring phrase "From My Heart to Yours" to give it that polished final touch.

Also, we assembled the invitations inside vintage looking airmail envelopes to complete the look. Initally, I wanted to print out the envelopes with the chevron design on the edges- but that didn't quite work out to my liking. So, we found some ready made envelopes at Fry's Electronics (I know, right? Who would've thought?!?).

...and now, I can finally move on with the rest of the decor for the debutante! SO. EXCITED.

No comments:

Post a Comment