Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Debutante Notes: Themed Dress Options

In addition to searching for my MOH dress, I have been looking for dress options for Renee's debutante. I will be the Co-Mistress of Ceremony/Coordinator of the event...so I need to find the perfect dress that fits her theme. Renee's theme: a vintage 1940s/1950s military inspired Pearl Harbor-esque event. I think her theme is awesome and we can really do a lot of things with it. As I was looking for dress options, I realized there are many different ways I can go with it as well- classy high end, pinup, sailor inspired dresses, vintage glam, etc.

Here are a few options that tickled my fancy:
The first three dresses are pinup styles. I found these from a site called pinupdresses.com.

The first dress is very classy, yet sexy at the same time. I really like the two front openings at  the bottom of the skirt.
[Black & white retro pinup sheath dress]

I like this dress too...but it may come off looking a bit too costume-y.
[Blue & white retro sailor pinup sheath dress]

This dress may be a bit over the top! But I like the full skirt and the novelty style of it (i.e., turned up collar, classic red bow, ruching at the waist).
[Red retro 50s style full skirt dress]

This next one is a bit more simple, but very cute. I love the excess fabric detail in the back and sweet heart neckline.
[Navy blue retro sheath]

These three are so much fun! I really like the idea of wearing a sailorette dress...but I worry it's too playful for my own good. The dress in the middle is so classic and glam...I can totally see myself wearing this too...with a pillbox hat! The last dress is just cute, cute, cute! Playful polka dots, yet still very vintage in its style!

Oh and of course I want to wear gloves! Something like this would be nice...but it would totally depend on the kind of dress I get.
Renee's debut IS somewhat of a formal event, but not too formal to the point where it's dull and constricting. We can definitely be playful with this :)

2 comments:

  1. oooh i like the third one, and all the vintage ones...but vintage is hard to buy...
    saw these and thought of you!
    http://www.laceaffair.com/the-style-high-club-in-navy/
    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/recital-from-memory-dress
    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/what-do-you-sailor-dress
    http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/sailing-into-the-sunset-dress

    thats a fun theme, can't wait to see your final choice@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the third one too! But we'll see...oh and thanks for the links friend! I'll check them out :)

      Delete