Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ready, Set...Thrift!

{Location: San Diego, CA}
This past week I went thrifting on my own in Point Loma. With everything that I've taken notes on from my sister Charlene (aka the thrift pro), I wanted to see if I could apply all that I've learned without her being there with me. I didn't do too bad...and I was happy with the items I found!

{Thrift Finds}
I found these tops that were ready to go (no need for alterations). Like I said before, I'm sort of mad for plaid right now, so I was excited when I found this H&M shirt. I am also loving colors and prints. So when I saw this top (Merona from target), I grabbed it right away. Another hauling success!

[Yellow geometric print top- $5.00//Mint plaid button down shirt- $4.00]

I scored these two bags as well. I've been looking for a bright colored bag for Spring time and personally, I just like bags with lots of compartments (both inside and out)! This H&M bag I found fits the bill perfectly! I also found this simple, white clutch that can also be used as a shoulder bag. I'll probably use this when I don't need to carry around too much stuff (i.e., family/friend parties, lunch outings and such).

[Arm/Shoulder bag in Sea Breeze Green- $5.00//Woven straw clutch in white- $4.00]

{Side Note}
I bought a skirt that needed altering. It was way too long. So I gave it to my sister so that she could hem it shorter. I'll post up the before and after picture for that once she finishes.

My sister came down this weekend and gave me the two items that needed salvaging from my previous thrifting trip in Orange County. I was SO pleasantly happy with the turn out! Thank you Charlene, you are awesome!

[Mustard yellow ombre skirt- $1.50]

[Blue leaf print sun dress- $3.00]

{Love}
This dress. It was a little bit on the loose side, so I cinched it in the waist with a belt and voila- perfect fit! I decided to include a picture of the dress on me, so that you can see the difference and how great it looks. Perfect for Spring/Summer time!

{Side Note}
Apparently, thrift stores in San Diego are comparably higher priced than the ones in Orange County...hmm.

3 comments:

  1. friend, i hope you make this before and after thrifting purchases a regular on your blog! so amazing what you and lynn buy and how it's remade! love your purchases and so cheap too! i can't but help feel out of place going into one, but i'll try it soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete