Sunday, February 19, 2012

Our Old Stomping Ground

{Location: Riverside, CA}
With all the hoopla we've been hearing about how much UCR has changed and upgraded since we graduated- Melody, Analyn & I decided to take a trip out there during the long President's Day weekend!
So we got up bright and early, and headed out to visit our old stomping ground...Riverside. Yay for our day-cation!


The Commons lawn has gotten a new face lift over the years, I see...

{Side Note}
Next to the bell tower, this area used to be all grass. This was where our commencement ceremonies took place for our graduations. I'm a little saddened that it's not here anymore.
{Love}
We took advantage of the empty campus around us and took pictures with these huge UCR letters. No shame- yes, we are UCR alumni...yes, we were excited to be back... and yes, we miss this school. After all, this IS where our friendships began with each other :)

As we were walking through this new area (well, new to us anyway), we just couldn't believe how much has changed. Okay okay...to be honest, we were a bit jealous of the current students at UCR. I mean, where was all this when we were undergrads here? ;)

...and there's a Coffee Bean on campus now too? I repeat, jealous! Hahaha!

We were trying to find restrooms on campus...but all of them were locked down! I guess we should have expected that! We did plan a trip to UCR during a long holiday weekend...everything was closed! Booo :(
But that's okay...we still loved every minute exploring our "new" UCR.

As we turned a corner, we recognized an all too familiar place...Bourns B118! Mel & I were in this lecture hall A LOT. In addition to taking our biology and chemistry/Ochem classes here, we also had the majority of our APhiO meetings in here. We wanted to go inside, but we knew it would be locked as well.....or so we thought! Mel found one of the doors slightly ajar! Yesss!

{Tidbit Fact}
Melody, Analyn & I were all in Alpha Phi Omega (APhiO), a national co-ed service fraternity.

I don't think we were allowed to be in here, but we took this opportunity anyway! Call us criminals, hahaha! Luckily, no one saw us (whew!)...and if someone did see us, well...they didn"t stop us either ;)

{Love}
Sneaking into Bourns B118 and taking a seat one last time.

We passed by the science library on our way back to the parking lot. This building was another one Mel & I  saw a lot of....practically our second home. You know, for those all day (and sometimes all weekend), late night studying during midterms/finals week...okay okay AND the socializing! We all know everybody was up in here "studying" too ;)

I regret not hiking up to the C while I was here at UCR....um, no not really ;)

Afterwards, we wanted to visit each of our old living places/spaces. I found out that the apartments I used to live in was no longer called Quail View :(

{Side Note}
The complex itself still looked the same (with the exception of some new paint on the buildings). I lived here for 4 years, starting in my freshman year. I was one of those people who didn't dorm, by choice actually. Yeah, I would much rather live in an apartment with a few new roomies, than a whole floor full of strangers...but that's just me :)

During my last year at UCR, I moved in with Melody into this house. We lived here together for the remainder of our college year as undergrads, alongside with our other fabulous roomie, Jen.

We stopped by Analyn's house last before heading out to lunch. Ohhhh the lipsync memories at this house...I can't help but smile as I reminisce about all the times we had practicing and dancing here .

{Side Note}
For any Omegas looking at my blog, you all know what I'm talking about! :)

After passing by our old homes, we decided to have lunch at our favorite restaurant back when we were at UCR. We were crossing our fingers that this place was still in business...and it was! Table For Two was our go to place for lunch :)

{Love}
This restaurant serves excellent Thai food! I love their salad....I mean, I LOVE their salad. It tastes so friggin awesome.


Of course, we couldn't leave Riverside without going to our favorite shopping location as college students- the Cabazon Outlets! Oh yeah.

{Score}
I tried not to do too much damage here...but I did find some awesome pieces that totally caught my eye :)

[Bebe: Coral front tie blouse with lace backing- $20.00//Green empire waist tube top with front zip- $5.00]

[Gap: Black and white flats- $10.00]

Analyn went shopping for her kids Ava and Gavin in Ralph Lauren. The store set up was too cute! Look at that fire engine...and aw, the panda wants a gumball.

I was extremely happy that my friends and I were able to go back to our alma mater and re-visit our old memories and the times we've shared during our years at UCR. Also, it was great seeing the new side of UCR and how it has grown into this even more beautiful campus.  Love it...I love it all :)

2 comments:

  1. hahahah, omg i got those same flats last weekend too! but over here it was $15. wow...campus looks different, miss it and Table for 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Hahaha...you have great taste in shoes friend! :)

      Delete