Thursday, February 9, 2012

What Kids Are Playing With These Days...

At work today, one of my little kiddos brought out a new game to play. It's called Smashed Potatoes Play-Doh. You make little potato spuds with the play-doh molds and then use them as game pieces to move around the board. The goal is to have them go all the way through the board without landing in one of the four Mash Machine food processors (I call them "death traps," but of course I would never use that kind of language with my kiddo). Needless to say, I was a bit intrigued by all of this...

{The Mash Machine}
...gulp...











{The Scissor Snip}
..my yellow spud bud unfortunately met his doom early on...










{The Cutting Board}
...gasp...










{The Fries Presser}
...poor spud, you can't even recognize him anymore...












I don't know about you, but it's all a bit barbaric to me. I mean, it was fun(ny) and my little kiddo LOVED the game. He thought it was HILARIOUS when the spuds landed in the Mash Machine and met their doom (he's such a boy!). But hey, what do I know? Haha...ohhhhh kids these days...


{Side Note}
Some of you may be wondering what the heck I'm doing playing kids games at work, right??? Well, I work with children...and I won't go into any specifics here, but I do work alongside children (from a behavioral perspective) and their families. I try not to incorporate too much of my working career in my blogs (for confidentiality and professionalism purposes), but when I can, I do...I mean, my career is a big part of my life and my blog is about what goes on in my life so...there you have it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment