Friday, February 3, 2012

Debutante Notes: Searching for the Venue to Fit the Theme

{Location: Harbor Island in Downtown San Diego}
In addition to everything else going on, I am also coordinating my godchild, Renee's 18th birthday debutante this October [yep...it's the weekend right before my sister's (Charlene & Enrique's) wedding]. I am co-planning this event with my cousin, Regina (Renee's older sister). Let's just say that Regina & I both have a knack for event planning and are usually riding on the same wavelength!

{Love}
This relaxing view of the downtown skyline (early morning).

So we've been searching for a venue for the last couple of days and today we checked out the Hilton Hotel on Harbor Island and Island Club in Coronado. I'd say it's a very close call right now between the two venues. Both are perfect for Renee's theme, and so it's really coming down to a pros/cons list decision!

{Side Note + Love}
Renee's theme. It's going to be set in the 1940s and based off of the Pearl Harbor movie (yes, the one with Kate, Ben & Josh). So think pin curls, ruby red lips, pillbox hats with netting, dainty gloves, NAVY men, leather jackets, clean cut & slicked back hair and vintage military airplanes...pretty nifty, huh? I do say so myself ;)

2 comments:

  1. love that first picture! what a fun theme! wow friend, you have so much planning ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend! I know...but I love doing this, so I have no complaints :)

    ReplyDelete