Monday, February 20, 2012

Ready, Set...Thrift!

{Location: Irvine and Orange County, CA}
I've caught the thrifting bug! Blame it on my sister! After seeing all of the hauls she's been doing and then salvaging the clothing...I have to admit, it's a pretty shabby chic way to go. I wanted in!

Today, we went thrifting in Newport, Anaheim and La Mirada. I was learning the trick of the trade from Charlene as we were going down the aisles. I didn't realize how many things I have to keep in mind as I scour and dig through all the racks and piles.  Most of the clothes and accessories are pretty up to date, while others were very...vintage-ish & thrifty looking. The most difficult part I think is looking at the older clothing and visualizing how you can make it more modern. Luckily for me, my sister knows how to do basic alterations! So I didn't hesitate to purchase some items that needed salvaging. I'll post the before and after shots of the clothes I bought for salvaging, once Charlene finishes altering them.

{Thrift Finds}
I found these three pieces that were ready to go (no need for alterations). I'm sort of mad for plaid right now and I wanted a color block piece as well. I was also in need of a light weight jacket for spring time...and just like Brad says (from It's a Brad Brad World- love him)....a pop of color can bring your whole look together! Hauling success!

[Cobalt Blue Smock Jacket- $7.00//Color block dress- $1.50//Plum plaid button up shirt- $2.50]

I'm on a mission to accessorize the clothing that I already have...remixing looks and giving it another twist.  I'm really into stretchy belts with novel prints...they can completely change the look of an outfit.

[Stretchy safari print belt with leather front enclosure and brass buckle- $3.99]

I also bought some games/toys for my kiddos! It totally beats paying retail price! I love the fact that I can find  some decent games/toys here for my job. I worried a little bit that some of the games may have missing pieces, but that wasn't the case with the ones I purchased today  :)

{Thrift Finds}
I found three games that I know some of my kiddies will love!

[Clue Jr. Case of the Hidden Toys- $2.99//Fantacolor- $1.99//Cranium Whoonu- $3.99]

Twas a very good thrifting day indeed! All the hours of digging and scouring definitely built up our appetites. Can't go wrong with a burrito bowl at Chipotle for dinner! ;)

2 comments:

  1. i got to try this thrifting thing...but not by myself. i love what you got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! We should do this together for sure!

      Delete