Monday, April 9, 2012

A Day of Perusing

{Location: Irvine & Old Town Tustin}
I had some free time today, so I took a "Day-cation" trip up to Irvine to hang out with my sister. Also, my friend Jen was in town for her Spring break. Just a chill and relaxing day with these two gals...love it!

{Rutabegorz Restaurant in Old Town Tustin}
Charlene took me out for lunch at this quaint little restaurant called Rutabegorz. This place was too cute and  it had a very home-y feel to it. Plus, their food was made fresh so it was extra yummy! 

We ordered their chips and guacamole for our appetizer. Can I just say- their guac rocks! So fresh and creamy.

I ordered a Falafel Wrap- it came with a generous side of hummus, antipasti and a slice of honeydew. Good, good and good! I also got a lemon bar to go for my sweet tooth. I have been on a search for good lemon bars, but could never find any that appealed to my taste palate...until now. Their lemon bar was the perfect combination of sweet and a nice little sour sucker punch at the end as you swallow it down :)

{Michael's Arts & Crafts Store}

The arts and crafts wedding decor shopping continues! I forgot how much fun it is to shop in this store...I wanted to buy loads of stuff, especially since they were having an Easter sale! Lets just say it took a lot of self control while perusing the store aisles :)

For the rest of the afternoon, we decided to go to our favorite thrift shops. Since Jen was in town, we thought we'd bring her along and help her score some great finds :)

{Tomikawa Japanese Restaurant}
We ended our day with dinner at one of our favorite Japanese restaurants, Tomikawa. We made it just in time for their reverse happy hour! Today was great...definitely will try to have more days like this (when I can and when my work schedule permits).

2 comments:

  1. i had fun that day! i did find some great things, and finally wore what i bought lol. I dont like falafels, but that does look good...

    ReplyDelete