Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wedding Notes: DIY Save the Dates!

"IN EVERY JOB THAT MUST BE DONE, THERE IS AN ELEMENT OF FUN!" 
~Mary Poppins

This past weekend, my sister held two days of "wedding workshops" for her DIY save the date owls. She asked people from her wedding party to come and help us out (who ever could make it). The turn out was pretty good actually! Hahaha! We had so much fun too- just hanging out and really enforcing the "bonding" time with each other. I personally think this is also a great way for the wedding party to be more involved with the process, rather than just showing up on the day of the wedding ;)

[Day 1] Wings and Things

{Side Note}
The seamstress bride-to-be...had the nerve to call me MOHzilla (maid of honor- zilla)! Hahaha! I was QC that day (quality control) and I guess I was too demanding?? Sheesh.

{Today's workers}
Rachel (a bridesmaid), Shelsey (Rachel's daughter), Ale (a bridesmaid) and Esteban (Enrique's brother and the best man)!

{Side Note}
Rachel called this the "sweatshop!" Hahaha ;)


[Day 2] Give A Hoot

{Today's Workers}
[AM Shift] Rachel & Shelsey again, Gilbert (Charlene & Enrique's good friend), Joann (a bridesmaid), Rodney (a groomsman), Melissa (Rodney's girlfriend).
[PM Shift] Regina (a bridesmaid), Renee (Charlene's niece/my godchild) and Reeka (the junior bridesmaid/Lynn's godchild).

Half way through working, Charlene compares us to the seven dwarfs- then goes on and gives us all dwarf names, you know just for fun :P

Charlene = Sewy (obviously). Joann = Trimmy (for trimming the fabric off the owls). Rachel = Gluey (for gluing the fabric onto the owls).

Melissa = Fabby (for measuring the fabric). Gilbert  = Kid Cutty (for the obvious reason).

Shelsey = Tracey (for tracing the owl templates). Rodney = Painty (for again the obvious reason).

Reeka = Lil Painty (because she's...little). Renee = Snippy and Regina  = Lady Cutty.
I was Floaty...because I didn't really have just one job. I was the floater of the sweatshop, woops I mean workshop ;) Hahaha...it's because I can do it all! (Well, except for the sewing).
We're almost done with the tedious work- drawing, cutting, sewing, gluing, shearing, and painting. We're definitely 3/4 of the way through...then we just need to assemble the owls and place the messages on them.

After a very productive day, we enjoyed some of these delicious chocolate truffles!

{Love}
Mmmmm! I love the peanut and pistachio covered truffles.


{Tidbit Fact}
Gilbert (aka Kid Cutty) made these for Charlene and Enrique. Pretty darn fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment