Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Disney California Adventure Weekly: Water & Lights

Back in January of 2011, I bought Disney annual passes for myself and my sister (it was her Christmas/early graduation gift from me). At the time, I didn't have a blog. So now that I do, I've decided to incorporate my Disney year as an annual pass holder. I'll include it as weekly postings (I definitely have more than enough pictures to last through this year)! There'll be two separate weekly postings: My Disney Weekly and My DCA Weekly (for Disney California Adventure). As you'll see, I'm a HUGE Disney buff! With that being said, here we go!

{Disney Dining: Ariel's Grotto}

{Love}
This view of Mickey's Fun Wheel...with that sun setting behind it? Ooooohs and ahhhhs....

We did the dinner preferred seating package for World of Color. Basically, you choose from a list of restaurants within California Adventure that offer that package and make reservations. Th package includes a pre-fixed dinner (appetizers, entree and dessert) and tickets for the preferred seating area, which is right smack in the middle of it all. Pricey? You bet...it was $40 per person (not including tax + tip). But hey, we figured we'd only do this once. The food definitely did not disappoint! SO GOOD.

{Love}
The dessert tray. Colorful and yummy.

{Main Attraction: World of Color}

{Love}
This show is amazing! Oh Disney, the things you do with water...

{Main  Attraction: ElecTRONica}
ElecTRONica was fun. It had a club vibe going on- complete with a DJ spinning under the huge laser lights display and dancers on mini stages (decked out in Tron gear by the way). Also, this was the one area in Hollywood Pictures Backlot where you were allowed to purchase and drink alcohol. So there you go adult Disney go-ers!

{Character Highlight: Woody, Jessie and Buzz Lightyear}

{Side Note}
Charlene had all the fun on Toy Story Mania! My ball launcher was broken so I just sat through the entire interactive ride. Afterwards, I told the cast member who was operating the ride that the launcher was out of order and he gave me two tickets for a re-ride (without having to wait in line)! Yay for that :)

3 comments:

  1. which you've never used yet!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. when u get a pass again, ill try to get one too, and during my break, ill go everyday..i miss disneyland 8-(

    ReplyDelete