Monday, April 23, 2012

My Little Snorlax

My godchild Gavin stayed over at  my place this past weekend (Thursday night through Sunday night). His parents were in a wedding in Vegas and little children were not allowed at the venue, so I offered to take care of him. He has never stayed over with me before. The most time I've spent with him was a few hours (i.e., at birthday parties), so really this was both of our first time together for longer than a few hours. I was excited and anxious at the same time...I don't have kids of my own (yet) and it's been quite some time since I've taken care of a baby. Luckily for me, Gavin is such a sweet, lovable and calm child. Taking care of him was pretty easy and everything went smoothly!

Up bright and early, watching his morning cartoons on Sprout. He loves Adventure Time and Chicka!
I gave him Dumbo to play with and they became great sleeping buddies! Also...I found out that Gavin here is  a big time snorer! Hahaha! SO CUTE! Hence the nickname I gave him- Little SNORLAX :)

{Tidbit Fact}
I have a queen sized bed. So I totally thought we both would be able to sleep comfortably at night. Well...he slept comfortably taking up 3/4 of the bed while I slept motionless on the 1/4 side. Sighhh...but I didn't mind it one bit :)

I took a few pictures of the little guy after his bath (my mom helped me out with this task). He doesn't much care for bath time...but he does love a game of peek a boo!

All dressed up and ready for some play time and shopping with his godmama! My mom and I took him out to Otay Ranch Town Center. It was a beautiful day out!

Near the food court, there's a water play area for kids (water squirts out from the floor and splashes them). Gavin enjoyed watching the kids play.
{Love} Oh my gosh that smile of his! It's infectious!


Later that night, Gavin and my dad had their one on one play time as well. Like I said, he loves peek a boo!
{Love} Yep, my mom and dad immediately got attached to him.

I made sure to get in some more quality with my little snorlax before his parents came to pick him up on Sunday night. This boy is SO wanting to walk already! He loves it when I hold on to his hands and let him walk all over the place.
All in all, I had a great time with him (and so did the rest of my family, who also helped me take care of him from time to time). My "god-motherly" instincts kicked in full gear! Yessss! He brought us so much joy. I was sad to see him go when his parents came to pick him up on Sunday night, but I'm very grateful and honored that they trusted me to take care of Gavin.

{Side Note}
I wouldn't mind doing it all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment