Sunday, April 8, 2012

My Disney California Adventure Weekly: Paradise Pier

Back in January of 2011, I bought Disney annual passes for myself and my sister (it was her Christmas/early graduation gift from me). At the time, I didn't have a blog. So now that I do, I've decided to incorporate my Disney year as an annual pass holder. I'll include it as weekly postings (I definitely have more than enough pictures to last through this year)! There'll be two weekly postings: My Disney Weekly and My DCA Weekly (for Disney California Adventure). As you'll see, I'm a HUGE Disney buff! With that being said, here we go!

{Character Highlight: Mr. Incredible}
I knew I should have worn my red super suit today...at least I have the boots on to match :P

{Main Attractions: King Triton's Carousel of the Sea}

{Love}
I say...you're never too old to ride on a carousel!

{Main Attractions: The Boardwalk}

{Side Note}
Who DOESN'T try on these fun hats while they're here?


{Love}
Night fall in Paradise Pier! All the bright lights come alive!

{Main Attractions: Mickey's Fun Wheel}

For so long, I've been trying to get at least one of the three (Alee, Charlene or Enrique) to ride on Mickey's Fun Wheel with me! Never any takers! They're all wary of heights. I guess Alee finally felt sorry for me and said she'd go on it (bless her kind soul!).

Alee did have two conditions though: 1) That we ride on a stationary gondola, and not on a "free-mounted" one (which slides back and forth) and 2) I have to ride on Splash Mountain with her one of these days. I agreed to it and voila! My wish came true! Finally I'm on this ride!
{Tidbit Fact}
I prefer not to ride Splash Mountain...or any other water ride for that matter. I just don't. But sometimes, with enough peer pressure, I give in!

GULP! Whoa, we were really, really high up there! The wheel stopped every so often (to load in more riders) and so we were paused up at the top for a few minutes at a time. I loved every minute of it! The view below was breathtaking and the wind blowing up top made the ride that more thrilling...although Alee would probably say otherwise (hahaha)!

{Side Note + Love}
The gondola is a 4-seater, so Alee and I rode with two other people. They were a mother and daughter from London on vacation. I thought it was nice that we got to meet them and engage in good conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment