Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Disney Weekly: On the Bayou

Back in January of 2011, I bought Disney annual passes for myself and my sister (it was her Christmas/early graduation gift from me). At the time, I didn't have a blog. So now that I do, I've decided to incorporate my Disney year as an annual pass holder. I'll include it as weekly postings. There'll be two weekly postings: My Disney Weekly and My DCA Weekly (for Disney California Adventure). As you'll see, I'm a HUGE Disney buff! With that being said, here we go!

{Character Highlight: Princess Tiana}


{Disney Dining: Cafe Orleans}
I loved dining here at this creole-inspired restaurant! Their gumbo is so friggin good...and not mention those wonderfully sweet, melts in your mouth, Mickey ears-shaped beignets! Yumms :)
{Love} The French Quarter Band!

{Love} My other "go to" sweet treat! Beignets!

{Main Attraction: Pirate's Lair}
Pirate booty! Ooops, I mean Pirate Treasure! Hahaha! Exploration and discovery are the key words here. It's a fun place to sort of just get away from the hustle and bustle of everything else. Alee and I had fun wandering in and out of passage ways and braved mysterious narrow caves.

[Dead Man's Grotto]
Okay, I personally didn't care for this cavern...but Alee was like, "Just do it already!" I have a slight case of claustrophobia. At the time we entered the grotto, it was pretty empty so I felt okay. Once we got to the middle of it, out of nowhere a bunch of kids came running in and surrounded the area I was in. OH CRAP. I had to get out of there quick! All I remember was running through the darkness heading for the small opening of light ahead, while at the same time yelling behind me to Alee, "Later Aleeeeee!" Hahaha, I just left her there with the screaming kids. Two minutes later she emerged and...
{Love} Alee's expression here was priceless! She was like, "What the hell was that?!?"


[Treasure Dig]
Pirate loot!


[Smuggler's Cove]
Bouncing across these rope bridges was quite the experience :P

No comments:

Post a Comment