Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Lovin' Had Me A Blast: Day 3

SUMMER is officially here! Time for shorts and sun dresses for this girl! I took some time off and spent it with my sister and a few of our other friends last week. We sort of wandered everywhere over the course of three days...here we go with Day 3!

{Destination: Los Angeles, Ca}

[Cream Pan Cafe in Tustin, Ca]
Before heading out to L.A., we had breakfast at this small bakery in Tustin called Cream Pan. They're known for their strawberry custard croissant...which is oh so delish by the way! I also tried their apple turnover. SO GOOD. Prices were great too :)
//Strawberry Custard Croissant $2.00//Apple Turnover $1.49//

By the time we got to L.A and picked up my cousin Alee, it was pretty much lunch time...so we headed off to Porto's in Burbank. The line was monstrous...and so was the wait to be seated for a table. Patience is a must for this place! 

{Side Note} Some impatient people just take it too far with the attitude though, sheesh!

[Porto's Bakery & Cafe in Burbank, Ca]
I ordered a hot pastrami sandwich for $5.25 (which was massive, as you can see below) and a medium iced cafe latte for $3.05. My total bill including tax was only $9.47. Oh wait, I also bought two guava strudels to go for $0.75 each. Wows...I love this place!
{Love} I am OBSESSED with their banana chips!

[Griffith Observatory]
After lunch, we went to the Griffith Observatory (since Kristine and I have not been inside the place yet). It was pretty nice out there...the crowd wasn't too chaotic and there was ample walking area throughout the exhibits. It was such a lovely day...

{Side Note}
Third time's the charm I guess! I've been trying to get inside the observatory since last year- both times were a bust! The first time I tried, there was a huge star event going on- NO PARKING whatsoever! The second time I went happened to be on a Monday and whaddya know? They're closed on Mondays! Argh...

{Love} That view.

[photo courtesy of Charlene]


{Love} Einstein.

My how things have changed since it's opening in 1935...

After perusing around inside the cosmos, we decided to head upwards to the telescopes!
[photo courtesy of Kristine]

[photo courtesy of Charlene]

[photo courtesy of Charlene]

[photo courtesy of Charlene]


[Millions of Milkshakes in West Hollywood]
Our next stop was a sugary one! Alee had been telling us about this milkshake place in West Hollywood all day, and so we went for it! My drink order? I got the Billion Dollar Milkshake- ferrero rocher and bananas! Mmmm...

**please see next post for continuation of Day 3**

No comments:

Post a Comment