Thursday, June 21, 2012

Out Of This World!

{Location: San Diego Fair in Del Mar}


It's that wonderful time of year again...for the summer fair! This year's theme was OUT OF THIS WORLD.  I loved it... everything was spaced out!

The UFO and space exhibit was pretty fun to explore. We even got a chance to pose with some alien friends!
{Side Note} Aw man...my "Z" was backwards for "Zoltec!"

Rides rides rides galore! I have to be honest though...these rides are getting pretty expensive. I always have to narrow my choices down to just two rides (so that I have enough $$ for all the yummy food later!).

Of course, we HAD to go on the crazy mouse ride! It's one fun, crazy, dizzy, spinny, dippy coaster ride! At the end of it, I had to hold on to the helper's hand as I got off the ride. I was too dizzy :(


For lunch, I skipped out on all the fried varieties...I tried that last year and by the third bite I was done! So I shopped around for something that looked good, but was still quirky enough to be considered "Fair" food! I saw the cart for Texas Tater Twisters and my jaw dropped. I was sold! It was YUMMY YUMS!

We then headed over toward the sideshows...away from all the chaos of rowdy teenagers and roller coaster rides! Hahaha! :P

I was walking along and came across this sign. ELEPHANT RIDES! Yes, yes and YES! It was only $7 for one round about...plus, that money would be put towards a good cause :)
{Love} I can cross this off my bucket list now!


We also wandered around the petting zoo area...CUTE! They're so fluffy I can't stand it!
{Love} That's Enrique's hand petting the bunny up there..he made it fall asleep :)

The fair was awesome once again! It never ceases to amaze me! Maybe next year, I'll get to ride a camel! ;)

2 comments:

  1. hahahahhaha@ the elephant ride pic is classic! in all your pictures i am jealous of one thing - the grey skies! i guess the heat hasnt found SD yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yeah, the elephant ride was SO cool! I'm happy I did it. But friend...don't let the gray skies fool you...it looks gloomy and chilly, but really you can still feel the heat. But then again, I guess it's still not as hot as it is there in Vegas! :P

      Delete