Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Lovin' Happened So Fast!

{Locations: Venice Beach and Tustin}
...continuation of Day 3...

The day was still young! So we ventured out to Venice Beach...with a few awesome stops along the way. We were on a mission and we found the high school that the first Grease musical was filmed at.

[Venice High School]
--> Take a look at Rydell High below circa 1978

Grease is the word...is the word...it's got groove it's got meaning ;)
OMG! Danny Zucko was standing right behind me near the double doors over there...haa haa haa. Next time, we're looking for the school in Grease 2. I know there are some haters out there and you can say what you want about Grease 2 but ...Charlene and I love part two the most! We have our reasons ;)

[Venice Beach Canals]
We strolled through the walkways of the beautiful residential homes along the Venice Beach Canals. I was in awe of all the gorgeous houses and landscaping. 
{Love} BEAUTIFULLLL. People live here? Le sigh.


{Side Note}
Ever since I saw Alee's pictures of the humongous sea slugs she ran into during her trip to the canals last summer, I have been SO EAGER to go! I don't know...it's the nerd in me I guess, but I was determined to see some of those sea slugs! Mission impossible? Sigh. Yes it was...no sea slugs on display today...womp womp.



This place is kinda huge...we walked for as long as we could, but the canals just kept going on and on. Plus, some of us were getting hungry. Alee suggested this one place on Abbot Kinney Road called Lemonade.
{Love} Tee dum...tee dee...hahaha :)

[Lemonade Restaurant]
This was more of a cafeteria style restaurant...oh excuse me, an upscale cafeteria style restaurant! Hahaha :) No really, Lemonade was pretty cool. I loved how everything inside felt so fresh and organic...healthy I guess is the word I'm looking for? It was my first time here...and I love trying out new food places! So I was all good to go.

I ordered buttermilk chicken, basil infused carrots, soba thai noodles and a refreshing rosemary lemonade. YUM and YUM! This entire meal cost me about $14.00.
{Side Note} I was SO tempted to get one of these...but NOPE. I was a good girl :)

We drove back to Irvine after our late dinner. L.A was exhausting for sure. We were all over the place, but...the night was still young! Charlene had the brilliant idea to do some late night drinks and karaoke! Oh dear...this is SO out of my comfort zone. I didn't want to be the Debbie Downer of the group, so what the heck! 

[Plush Karaoke Lounge in Tustin, Ca]
I was nervous...aahhhh! This was my first time in a karaoke lounge. Once I saw that we had our own private room to sing in, well....my nerves weren't so frazzled any more! I loosened up and just let the craziness go :)
{Side Note}
With it being Sunday night, we lucked out on their special! All you can sing karaoke for $15 the whole night! Woohoo! 

{Side Note} For a second there, I thought everything was only in Korean...whew. False alarm.

{Love} Oh yes. Charlene programmed in some of my old school jams! 

My mini vacations are always jam packed down to the minute! I wouldn't have it any other way! Hope everyone's first week of Summer was just as crazy and fun as mine was :)

No comments:

Post a Comment