Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Little Bread-and-Butterflies Kiss the Tulips

{Location: Carlsbad Flower Fields}
This past Saturday, I took a little trip up to Carlsbad to meet with my sister Charlene and my future brother-in-law Enrique (they were up there doing a film project for Enrique's class). I had scheduled an appointment later in the day with their wedding officiant to discuss ceremonial information and to finally meet him in person. But first, we indulged in a little frolic and play within the flower fields!

{Tidbit Fact}
I have lived in San Diego all my life and this is my first time visiting the flower fields...ever.

{Love} Silly play time with her :)

{Love} All the pretty flowers!!! Just looking at them makes me feel oh so much happier!

{Love} Silly play time with him :)


I SO wanted to ride on the tractor! Unfortunately, we were on a time crunch that day, so it was a no go (not too shabby for only $5 per person though).



{Side Note} This surfer gnome threw me off...a little out of place, maybe?

[Sweet Pea Maze]
Charlene and I went off into the Sweet Pea Maze while Enrique took a breather on a bench. It looked simple enough...but then again, looks can be deceiving...
{Side Note}
Whew! That maze took us a while to get out of...somewhere between 10-15 minutes? All good fun though :) 


[The Rose Garden]
All the while as I was strolling through, I was singing in my head, "Painting the roses red...painting the roses red...not blue not green not aquamarine! Painting the roses red!"


This place also had a playground for the little ones. Too cute. All the play things were over sized and reminded me of nursery rhymes.
{Love} Sighhh...oh the flower fields! It's just one massive eye candy that stretches far and wide.











2 comments:

  1. in all the time i lived in oceanside, i never once visited this place but saw it all the time! so many colors! great spot for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm surprised it took me this long to come here! Such a beautiful place :)

      Delete