Monday, May 14, 2012

A Token of Affection

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

I know I'm a day late, but there was no time yesterday to do a post. Quality time with my mom and grandma was THE priority! :)

Our family celebrated yesterday (just a small and quaint gathering) and for us...it's really just a day spent with good food and great conversation with the wonderful women in our lives. No frills, just simple and sweet! I bought my mom and grandma flowers and arranged their bouquets myself. I also handmade their greeting cards. I feel the more personal it is, the more meaning there is behind it...but that's just me :)

[The Bouquets]
I bought three different types of flowers- pink carnations, purple & white poms and irises. I just laid them all out, picked one and then started to add in the others to make the mini flower bouquets. I decided to use the carnations as the base of the bouquet since they were wider. I used the poms to fill in and accent the bouquet.

All together, it took me about four minutes to arrange each individual bouquet (including the cutting and wrapping of the ribbon and yarn around the base). Voila! A sweet Mother's Day bouquet!
{Side Note}
Making the bouquets was also an opportunity for me to practice, since I will be doing my sister's wedding bouquet and all of the bridesmaids' bouquets.

{Love} Pooh bear & flowers

I always have blank note cards handy..so I picked one out with a nice floral design and wrote in my own personal message for both my mom's and grandma's Mother's Day cards. I glued white doily hearts on the front of the envelope and  wrapped yarn around it. The two pom flowers here fell off the bouquets as I unwrapped them...so I decided to stick them in between the yarn for that added oomph ;)

Both my mom and grandma loved their flowers...and I saw a twinkle of happy glistening in their eyes as they read their cards too. Heart melt :)
{Love} All things DIY...yes I do.

2 comments: