Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Disney Weekly: Just Around the River Bend

Back in January of 2011, I bought Disney annual passes for myself and my sister (it was her Christmas/early graduation gift from me). At the time, I didn't have a blog. So now that I do, I've decided to incorporate my Disney year as an annual pass holder. I'll include it as weekly postings. There'll be two weekly postings: My Disney Weekly and My DCA Weekly (for Disney California Adventure). As you'll see, I'm a HUGE Disney buff! With that being said, here we go!

{Character Highlight: Rapunzel}
{Side Note} Minus the "smoldering" Flynn Rider...Alee was SO sad (wink wink). 

Alee was on a mission to meet Flynn Rider...oh and Rapunzel too ;) My goodness, the wait for this character meet & greet was super long. I'd say about 30 to 45 minutes...on a good day! Sad to say, but this particular Rapunzel broke character with us. She was the only one who did it out of all the Disney princesses we've met...and to be honest, it sort of diminished the whole "magical" feel of it. It felt off. Ho hum...
{Tidbit Fact} I prefer interacting with non-faced characters...it's less awkward.

{Main Attraction: Sailing Ship Columbia}
{Love} We sailed forth into the wilderness!

This was my first time ever riding aboard this ship in Disneyland. On a good day, the ship is pretty empty and only a handful of people are on it...which means more wiggle room for me to waltz around the deck and pretend I'm back in the 18th century! Hahaha...oh my inner child :)
{Love} Hey! A cameo from one of the 18th century sailors!

At the beginning of the ride, the cannon blasts twice...(repelling attacks from pirates I'm guessing?) We didn't know this at the time, so Alee and Charlene had quite the surprise blasts. Ha. Ha. Ha. I, on the other hand, handled my own very well, thank you!

{Main Attraction: Mark Twain Riverboat & Davey Crockett Explorer Canoes}

This riverboat gave off such grace and elegance...I loved every minute of the 14-minute cruise! I felt like I was in a different time and place. 

Our favorite place to enjoy the voyage was on the promenade deck. It was less crowded than the other decks (well, on days that we rode on it anyway)!

In all honesty, I intended to ride on the Davey Crockett Canoes at least once during my annual pass year. I don't know how I let the opportunity slip away...oh wait, that's right...nobody else wanted to go on it with me! Sigh, I guess I'll just have to get another annual pass next year :)
{Love} For some peace and tranquility...get on board on both of these vessels! SO worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment