Saturday, May 19, 2012

Wedding Notes: Rockin' It

Before I get into the wedding notes, I have to tell my back story for this.

Last week on Mother's Day, I noticed a bunch of things at the bottom of my pool. At first I assumed they were leaves, but then I thought...leaves don't sink to the bottom. So upon looking closer, I realized they were actually rocks! A LOT OF THEM. Big ones too...some of them were like those gray slabs of rock that people use for their pavement/walkway. Need less to say, I was annoyed by the whole situation. Ughhh...whatever, this was the first time it has ever happened, so I let it go and just cleaned up as much of the rocks as I could. Two days later I go out into my backyard and see a couple more rocks at the bottom of the pool and around the yard, and then a few more on the next day....I was livid by this point! I had a feeling that it was from the house behind our house, so I climbed up the hill and peered through the wooden fence. What did I see? Similar looking rocks that were in my yard! I doubted that it was from my neighbors who lived right next to me, on either side. Anyway, long story short...I found the right house and explained to them what was happening. Sure enough, their little girl was the culprit. They had her apologize to me and everything and I accepted. Everything ended on a good note and no hard feelings for both parties.

To turn a negative into a positive, I collected all of the flat-faced stones that were thrown and put them in the wedding inventory! Which worked out for me and Charlene because we actually intended to go looking for flat-faced stones in a park or something! We plan on using them for more DIY wedding decor!
{Side Note} I think I gathered about 30 rocks all together!

All's well that ends well!

No comments:

Post a Comment