Monday, May 21, 2012

A Revival: The Getty Villa

{Location: Malibu, CA}

[September 2010]
We took a trip out to the Getty Villa in Malibu for Charlene's birthday that year. It's smaller than the Getty Museum in L.A., but still as gorgeous nonetheless!

The Herb Garden in the Outer Peristyle of the Villa is beautifully enchanting...the layout and design was structured to reflect the style of the ancient Romans. It's a real jaw dropper! 
{Love} The 220 foot long reflecting pool.


It was a really nice day and the sun was bright and warm....I turned a corner and saw a bunch of umbrellas available for guests to use as they stroll around in the gardens. How lovely!
{Love} The long and vast walkways lined with tall pillars. It felt like I was in another time and place. 

{Side Note} Yes, we strutted our stuff up and down these Roman-inspired walkways :)

{Love} From this vantage point, we could clearly see out to the pacific ocean!

After the gardens, we went in and browsed through the museum's collections of Roman, Greek and Etruscan antiquities. Also, we stumbled upon an interactive, hands-on gallery. We surely enjoyed ourselves in this one! As you can see below, I left my mark on one of their vases ;P 
{Love} When in Rome....hahaha, we did as the Romans did!

The Inner Peristyle garden featured statues which honestly, looked like they were fist pumping. Hence...the picture of Enrique and I fist pumping. I know I know...very mature :) 
{Love} Can I please have this lily pond in my backyard?

What can I say? I thoroughly enjoyed the Getty Villa! It is so beautiful and it has great galleries/exhibits. I personally love Roman and Greek art and architecture...so this was just perfect :)

{Tidbit Fact}
Admission is free. You just pay for parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment