Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Disney California Adventure Weekly: Soarin' Flyin' & Jazz

Back in January of 2011, I bought Disney annual passes for myself and my sister (it was her Christmas/early graduation gift from me). At the time, I didn't have a blog. So now that I do, I've decided to incorporate my Disney year as an annual pass holder. I'll include it as weekly postings. There'll be two weekly postings: My Disney Weekly and My DCA Weekly (for Disney California Adventure). As you'll see, I'm a HUGE Disney buff! With that being said, here we go!

{Character Highlight: Donald Duck as a Tourist and Minnie Mouse as a Pilot}
{Love} This ball of feathers in tourist gear!

{Love} My run in with Miss Minnie Earheart :)

{Main Attraction: Soarin' Over California}
I find myself on this ride when I want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the park. It's a very relaxing and calming ride- considering that you're in a simulated hang-glider, with feet dangling free as you're suspended up above. Exhilarating yet tranquil at the same time! 

{Tidbit Fact}
You're suspended up to about 45 feet in the air and all around you is a massive 80 foot domed screen. So cool.


{Main Attraction: Aladdin Musical Show}

Again, this is another attraction where I find myself wanting to go to when I'm tired of walking around the park, especially on a hot and crowded day. It's the perfect place to rest and relax in an air conditioned room and watch the Broadway-style show! 

{Tidbit Fact}
The show is performed in the Hyperion Theater and is a 40-minute musical.


{Side Note}
I am always in awe of the stunning effects and puppeteers! Plus...Genie totally IS the show! Love him and his wise-cracking jokes (that are always up to date with the current times by the way)!

{Disney Dining: Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen}
We celebrated Alee's birthday last year at the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney District. This was my first time dining here so I was pretty excited. Right off the bat, I walk in and my eyes are drawn upwards...love all the colorful Mardi Gras umbrellas hanging from the ceiling! 
{Love}
The waitress lead us to the table right in front of the band, yay! Just in time, they were ready to play!

{Tidbit Fact}
The music changes all the time so it can go from Dixieland tunes to smooth jazz.

{Love}
Perfect ending to our meal! This chocolate is bomb (hahaha...because it's called the chocolate fudge bomb).

No comments:

Post a Comment